Expedite Business Proficiency by Implementing ALM
Enterprise IT organizations invest in centralized test management and reporting tools like Microfocus Quality Center (QC) or Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) to establish traceability across artifacts, achieve efficiency in testing, automate workflows and achieve visibility to the quality of apps throughout the delivery process. However, for attaining these goals, a structured approach with best practices and constant processes is required to implement and use QC/ALM.
ImpactQA’s professional services can assist you with a world-class implementation of QC/ALM to get high ROI from your investments. To keep pace, the elite software testing team is adopting a varied assortment of tools to automate and optimize the software delivery pipeline. In response, today’s toolchains now comprise best-in-class tools that span plentiful capabilities, product vendors, and team roles. The more efficiently and successfully these tools interact and integrate, the more efficiently team members can work and collaborate.
Our ALM solutions will assist you to reduce testing costs, attain better visibility across your project, alleviate risk and cost with low defect rates, accelerate efficiency of the testing process, improve implementation timelines, and improve software adoption.
Recommended Process in ALM
- Requirement Workflow
- Requirement Approvals (Any Role / layer(s))
- Adding the following fields on the form- Requirement Type, Product Model, etc
Releases / Build / Milestone / Test Plan / Lab:
Exclusive Solution in Software Testing
- Business requirement gathering to classify domains and projects
- Install ALM as per client’s security red tapes to ensure a secure bug-free system
- Business testing process workflow customization
- Defined the process to ensure reporting, tracking, and analytics
- Defined role and user groups for a hassle free dive into tracking of the multi-tier 83 projects within enterprises across different business verticals
- Data migration of 83 projects
Step 1 : Planning and Requirement Gathering
- Analysis of applications and business groups
- Domain stratification
- Understand user roles and hierarchies
- Understand the delivery process (Agile / Waterfall)
- Plan deployment architecture
- Prepare implementation project plan
Step 2 : Implementation
- Installation and configuration
- Domain and project creation as per classification
- Setup user roles and permissions
- Rules Setup – approval hierarchies, workflow customizations, release management
- Setup application traceability across Domains (ALM only)
- Create release traceability across applications
- Create à template project with the structure for requirement hierarchy and test plan
- Define process for requirement traceability with tests
- Define test execution process
- Define change request workflow
- Define defect management workflow and traceability to test cases
- Setup notifications across resources
- Report customizations: Release trackers, test execution, requirements and defect analysis
- Cross project: Reporting (ALM only)
- Create an executive dashboard
- Template structure for Resource Management
Step 3 : Post-Implementation
- User training
- Archiving strategy and implementation
- Provide Documentation, ROI matrix
Migrating to ALM can Provide the Following Benefits
At Impact QA, we mainly support companies implement and customize ALM software tools. For companies that desire to simplify the implementation and management of their ALM environment, we proffer a hosted option.
Our ALM implementation customers include big financial and banking institutions, retail, and top real-estate companies. We always focus on exceeding quality & turnaround expectations. Connect with us today for ALM Implementation service!
Why Choose ImpactQA?
ImpactQA’s adept team has a High-level quality consultancy to help improvise the quality of applications through ALM implementation. Our experts can help you ensure the health of your application at every single step of its lifecycle to combat glitches and catch any discrepancies in it before it can cause further damage. ALM implementation becomes extremely important for customer-centric and heavy-used apps in sectors like finance and banking.
Our core compétences :